Capsule Wardrobe Classics
July 5, 2018
We are hyper consumers of fast fashion, and while it is great to have options (unless you are a slave to the paradox of choice), then you might want to consider streamlining your wardrobe over the next couple of years and investing in pieces that are going to stand the test of time.
- A classic white trainer. You don’t have to spend a fortune, so long as they are classic white and comfortable, you’ll be grand.
- Ankle grazers. There is a reason that everyone looks up to Audrey Hepburn’s fashion style. It was blank ankle grazers, classic cut tops and flats. Timeless. So invest in a great pair.
- A leather jacket. You can read more about how leather jackets became cool by following that link. In the meantime, get yourself a high-quality one – they last for years and go with anything.
- A silk shirt. Loose fitting, geometric patterns, soft collars, timeless retro classic.
- The perfect pair of jeans. This one might take some doing, but once you find them stock up. Jeans change to cut and style so often, what once fit and flatters the next day might squeeze and split.
- Ballet pumps. In nude and black. They go with everything and can take an outfit from overdressed to casually perfect.
- A blazer. Got a last-minute meeting? Going for a dinner date after work? Just like to look a bit more put together? Blazer.
- A crossbody bag. It might be a cheap and cheerful from Primark, or you might live the Gucci Marmot. Whatever you get, take good care of it.
- Stock up on white t-shirts. They go with everything. Office look to weekend chic, there is nothing they can’t handle. One might say they are the perfect canvas.
- A silk scarf. They can be a pop of colour in the winter, a wrap for your hair in the summer heat, and most people can afford to invest in a designer version.
- Three sets of jewellery. 1) Expensive, the good stuff. 2) Big and bold, costume and adds a talking point to any outfit. 3) The delicate stuff. If you have a set of each, you’re never going to struggle for accessories.
- The LBD. It doesn’t have to be little, it never did. The power of the LBD is the person wearing it. It should be something that makes you feel fantastic no matter where and when you wear it.
- Matching silk PJ set. While it is so comfortable to sling on some lounge pants and a baggy jumper, a matching PJ set has the power to make slobbing out seem like an exercise is feeling fabulous.
- The best tote you can find. The shape of a carryall tote means you can fling your life into it and hit the road. Perfect for on the go, and while fit your laptop in too if you need it to.
- An ankle boot. These bad boys can work with your dresses, your skinny jeans and pretty much any other outfit you put together.